Foundation Appraisers Coalition of Texas - The name came from the desire to have representation from each appraisal sponsor of The Appraisal Foundation.
The purpose is to monitor and affect the regulation of the appraisal profession through legislation, education, and communication.
Chapters of national appraisal organizations, that are sponsors of The Appraisal Foundation, form the member base of FACT. Currently, 12 chapters
representing approximately 1,400 Texas appraisers. The national organizations represented include the American Society of Appraisers, the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, the Appraisal Institute, and the National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers. FACT also has an individual membership
FACT has evolved from a loose group of appraisers who went to Austin during the 1991 legislative session into a working coalition:
- FACT has engaged the services of lobbyists since April 1991
- FACT attends all meetings of the Texas Appraisers Licensing and Certification Board and works with not only TALCB, but Texas legislators and other interested groups on issues involved in the regulation of Texas appraisers.
- FACT looks after interests of Texas appraisers and the users of their services ... the general public.
- FACT has united Texas appraisers!
- As a United Voice for Texas Appraisers ... By being united, there is not an overlapping of efforts and Texas appraisers are able to maximize energies and accomplishments. During the 1991 session, legislators said, "You appraisers get together and decide what is needed and then tell us!" FACT brought, and has kept, Texas appraisers together!
- As an Unbiased Information Source for Appraisal Issues ... Texas legislators, TALCB members, and others contact FACT for information on appraisal issues. When FACT is asked for information, the result is unbiased, reliable data on which informed decisions can be made!
- As Concerned Appraisers ... FACT appraisers want to provide the general public, their clients, with a quality, reliable appraisal.